This week, we met up with Anthony Lucia and his beautiful fiance, Lisa Lageschaar, to talk barrel racing, team roping, rodeo queening, entertaining and so much more. Jeye gave Anthony some words of advice before marriage, Anthony and Lisa shared their stories, and Hannah laughed until she cried. With the upcoming Wrangler National Finals Rodeo, Anthony will be hosting “Live with Lucia” at the Stetson Country Christmas at the Sands Convention Center while Lisa enjoys Las Vegas during the WNFR one short year after passing on the Miss Rodeo America crown. It’s never a dull moment with these two, and we had so much fun recording this episode.
About The Happy Couple
Lisa’s parents moved to Texas from Holland in hopes of fulfilling “The American Dream.” Not only did they manage to build a successful dairy in a new country, but they raised a daughter who would grow up to be Miss Rodeo Texas and ultimately, Miss Rodeo America. On top of her rodeo queen background, Lisa has a bachelor in agricultural education and a graduate degree in secondary education. She is now using her background as an educator and successful queen to educate others while pursuing her passion of barrel racing.
Anyone who has ever met Anthony can see his natural ability to entertain. At only eight years old, he was known as a successful trick roper, traveling with his father and well-known “monkey-brother,” Whiplash. Along with this, he is an outstanding announcer and talk show comedian, taking time to team rope whenever he can.
Both Anthony and Lisa understand it takes dedication and hard-work to see results in life, and we believe everyone could learn something from their words.
The More You Know…
Jeremy “Jerry” Buhler – “Letter to My Younger Self”
Be sure to catch “Live with Lucia” at 1 pm daily at the Stetson Country Christmas at the Sands Expo December 6-16!
- “You get out of something what you put in.” – Lisa
- “Everything I know, I learned from my dad and the school of hard knocks.” – Anthony
- “If you work hard and you love something, the possibilities are endless.” – Anthony
- “Confidence came from failing and realizing that, oh, I’m going to be okay. Because every time a person fails, you realize that maybe you’re not good enough. But then when you find success, you gain confidence from the hard work that you put into it.” – Lisa
- “You either win or you learn; there’s no such thing as losing.” – Jake Barnes
- “The difference-maker between the champions and normal people is who wants to keep going.” – Anthony
“The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.” – Rocky Balboa
We hope you enjoy this episode as much as we did. As always, this podcast can be found on iTunes, Spotify, and Google Podcasts!