This episode was an honor to produce this two part series with legendary trainers Lindy Burch and Dena Kirkpatrick. Though they come from different arenas, both ladies share many of the same philosophies in not only training horses but also in life. This was an amazing conversation that lasted 3+ hours of talking about training methods, horsemanship, philosophies, and just good horse stories. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1979-First woman to win the NCHA Reserve Futurity Championship on Diamond Mystery, still today the only woman to do so
- 1980-Record breaking score of 225.5 on Miss Royal Mahogany and first woman to win the NCHA Open Futurity Championship
- 1998- marked historic high score of 233 on “Bet” , Bet Yer Blue Boons, at the NCHA Open World Finals. This score would not be bested for 13 years.
- One of six riders open riders to have earned back to back NCHA Open Futurity titles
- 2000-won the NCHA Open World Championship on her famous mare Bet Your Blue Boons
- 2000-first woman to win all four rounds at the NCHA Open World Finals once again on Bet
- 2000-First woman president of the NCHA
- 2001 Inductee into the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame
- LTE of over $4M
- World Renowned Clinician
- Trained 9 horses that have competed in the barrel racing at the National Finals Rodeo
- Held the position in the top 10 Futurity Trainers for 10 consecutive years in a row
- Holds the record for the only horse/rider to win all three go rounds of the BFA Championship Futurity on Willy Nick Bar
- AQHA World Champion
- BFA Reserve Futurity Champion
- Old Fort Days Futurity Reserve Champion
- Multiple futurity championships
“A great student makes a great teacher.” -Lindy Burch
“When you’re riding them [horses] if you can make them comfortable and happy about it, they will take you there.” -Dena Kirkpatrick
“Everything runs down leash [rein].” -Dena Kirkpatrick via Joshua Morton
Racer’s Edge Amazon Store
Exciting news! We now have an influencer page on Amazon. Here you can find all the products, books, and anything we talk about in the podcast in one convenient location. Be sure to check it out and as always feel free to reach out to us with any questions or comments via direct message on our social channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Also- don’t forget about our releases of last season’s Racer’s Edge episodes on our YouTube channel.
Without our community’s support, we would not be able to do what we do!
Find a full collection of available saddles as well as high quality leather strap and tack at the online store OR check out the dealer locator to find one of their expert dealers near you.
Check out www.classicequine.com to find your local dealer, learn product information and educational videos, and find links to purchase.